It is the policy of Stream to respect the confidentiality of the information and the privacy of individuals. Stream is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) (Australian Act) in Australia; and by the Information Privacy Principles (IPP) contained in the Privacy Act 2020 in New Zealand (New Zealand Act).
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, and/or telephone number;
- Information relating to your employment history;
- Information relating to your education history;
- other information you provide to us through our contact forms;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
- We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect personal or sensitive information about you when
- You complete one of our registration forms or provide any information in connection with your application or otherwise
- We receive any reference about you
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test or background checks including but not limited to work rights, credit and criminal record checks
- We receive any complaint or other information from or about you in the workplace
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you were involved
- We collect information about you from public domain sources
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Career guidance or management
- Our assessment of your performance and prospects or any training needs
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Informing you of possible work opportunities or other events such as training or information sessions or our direct marketing to you by mail/email/SMS
- Any workplace rehabilitation
- Our management and resolution of any complaint, inquiry or investigation in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
- Undertaking checks to verify your work rights status, criminal history and any other background checks, including credit checks for positions in New Zealand involving significant financial risk and otherwise as permitted by law
- For research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Stream and trusted third parties, who may be based outside of Australia and New Zealand
- External providers used in providing our services to you - eg on-line inductions and training providers, background checking agencies - eg criminal record, work rights, and credit checking
- Third parties used by our clients as part of their recruitment, administration, screening and selection processes
- Third party contractors/service providers, job boards, job platforms, job aggregators, software providers and cloud-based databases for the purposes of assisting us to provide you with our services, and/or to improve the services we offer you. Such service providers/contractors may be based outside of Australia and New Zealand, including the USA and Canada
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as [Google Analytics or other relevant businesses]. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
- By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
For any disclosures outside of Australia or New Zealand as the case may be, we take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipients of such information do not breach the APP’s or IPP’s in relation to that information. We will take reasonable steps to ensure, for instance, pursuant to a contractual agreement, that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection, for example, your information will be stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below.
Storage and security
Cookies and web beacons
Links to other websites