Our client are one of the most exciting Tech Startups in Australia & have been growing at a progressive rate since their inception in 2015.
Australian owned, they specialise in online platforms & software targeting the ever-growing eCommerce industry, with their products being successfully launched in the UK & USA markets at the beginning of the year.
Based out of their Surry Hills location, they have a culture to be envious about with a flexible work-life balance, modern amenities such as an in-house barista, Ping-Pong tables & regular staff events, creating a culture that supports personal interaction and fun along with productivity and work.
In this role you will be responsible for all facets of design from research, prototyping through to UI and interaction design. You will be working closely with the product teams to deliver leading digital products such as customer portals, websites, mobile apps etc. Key duties will include;
- Plan and facilitate Discovery and Design workshops
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative User research (e.g. through interviews, surveys, usability testing etc) to create personas and define user problems
- Develop experience maps/storyboards/wireframes/
- Constant research and be on top of the game on best practices for UX
- Create cohesive style guide and ensure that consistent design languages are applied across the Digital products.
- Maintaining consistency in visual elements and defining behaviour e.g. how to display error or warning states
- Ownership of our existing UX patterns and assets and develop and evolve our Digital playbook e.g. design system, iconography, typography etc
- Understanding of technical constraints and limitations when designing for desktop, mobile, tablets, Android and iOS
- Build and develop the UX/UI practice and mentor/up-skill team members in UX/UI Design e.g. Business Analysts, Product Owners etc
- Experience as UX/UI Designer in a Digital agency or Client-side
- Strong portfolio including mobile and web asset designs
- Ability to author, document, and communicate design ideas and solutions clearly and effectively to multidisciplinary teams
- Expert in standard UX software (ie. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Figma etc)
- Strong communication skills and display initiative including strong presentation skills
- Strong eye for detail and a curious mindset
Suitable candidates will be contacted for a confidential discussion.