This business is a leading in home aged care business that is at an exciting time of growth!
Having been around for almost 20 years, this organisation has great processes in place, and has recently been given a 'no improvements needed' by the Australian Aged Care Quality agency!
With a high retention rate and low turnover, this organisation fosters great employee benefits and support such as ongoing training, company car, flexibility, trust as well as encouraging internal mobility, with many employees moving internally in to new roles.
Due to exciting growth and an internal move in the company, this organisation is now looking for Training & Development Coordinator to join their team!
As Training & Development Coordinator, you will be responsible for the onboarding, training and development of the amazing support workers who care for the clients.
Reporting to the Recruitment & Training Manager, you will be managing new support worker intake and coordinating the 2 day orientation day and carry out face to face training, covering training topics such as medication assist, manual handling and personal care, as well as facilitating Cert 3 accreditation. You will also be supporting new staff on visits who are unfamiliar with certain responsibilities.
You will be working with a Training Administrator who will be carrying out all the administration, which leaves you to be able to give your full energy to training and developing staff!
- Plan, arrange and deliver training programs to all support staff to ensure all workers are equipped to provide high quality client service, catering to individual client needs
- Responsible for orientation training
- Provide individual and group training, tailored to the skill gaps
- Identify new training & development through client focussed workplace reviews
- Manage & perform all support staff annual reviews and highlight training needs
- Working with the training administrator to monitor experience and pay level
- Be the go to person to highlight industry trends and to provide training & knowledge around
- Strong experience & knowledge in Aged Care & Disabilities
- Support Worker experience - 5+ years
- Experience as a trainer OR extensive experience mentoring & managing support workers/ clinical staff
- Experience working with clients with cognitive and physical conditions
- Practical experience & knowledge in providing care for older people or people with a disability and the ability to go out with support workers on visits to provide support
- A qualification in training - e.g Cert IV Training & Assessment
- A background in social work or nursing is a plus!
- Current Driver’s License & police check (or the willingness to obtain one)
- Above average salary $$
- Supportive culture
- Part time option or 4 days per week
- Career development - internal mobility encouraged
- Low turnover - people join and love the company and people!