As the Supply Chain Manager, you will take on the management and procurement of categories which may include fresh and dry ingredients, sauces, flour, oil or beverages as well as contributing to the execution of New Product Development (NPD).
Your focus will be on the management of your suppliers, SLA’s, new sourcing strategies to maintain competitive advantage, procurement and costs for your category and you will be supported by a team of analysts.
You will have a proven background in the management of relevant supply chains and the ability to take an active role in development and procurement strategies, demonstrating strong negotiation skills, knowledge of standards, quality and handling processes, through to delivery and distribution to multiple sites.
Ideally, this role would suit someone coming from the food and bev space (frozen, dry etc.)
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consult and execute on supply strategies to deliver sustained advantage through ongoing category cost reductions, product development cycle times, and improved quality and service
- Manage negotiation and supplier contracts
- Develop, maintain, and manage strong supplier relationships and supplier performance
- Source and evaluate suppliers, manage trends in raw material pricing
- Manage end to end supply chain and daily operations of supply chain including QA, transport and distribution
- Work closely with New Product Development (NPD) Team and Marketing on calendar and new products, approvals, quality, standards and packaging
- Provide effective management reporting for development of the Annual Budget, Operating Plan and Strategic Plan
- Understand, investigate, and track key commodities and other cost drivers and their impact on input prices
- Source and recommend comparable suppliers, manage service standards
- Direct and approve production and procurement
- Ensure products are safe, of high quality and meet all standards, fit for purpose, cost effective and available
- Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain Management or related field
- 5 - 7+ years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within food and/or beverage
- Experience in fast paced Multi-Site Retail industry is ideal
- Demonstrated analytical approach with the ability to work with numbers and make data driven decisions based on category insights and industry trends
- Ability to take on high level responsibility
If you have experience related to the above and would like a confidential chat to find out more, please click APPLY or contact Morgan Hansen on email@example.com to arrange a brief.