This is a well-regarded engineering consultancy that has been established for over 20 years and has built a strong foundation of expertise and valued clients. Relationships are at the heart of their business and the success they’ve experienced is a combination of focusing on real relationships with both their staff and their clients.
The focus of the business is specifically across civil and structural engineering, consisting of structural design and documentation, peer review and value engineering, temporary works, design management, and structural certification. Their prestigious projects encompass institutional, commercial, and residential buildings.
The business is headed by an experienced, down-to-earth board of directors who between them have over 50 years of combined expertise. As a company, they have recently secured a strong pipeline of new work and are currently on some very prestigious projects in Victoria state.
➡️ The Role
The company has been successful in winning several large projects, of which they have full design and construction input. As such the company requires an experienced Structural Engineer who will for the first four months be in the office, but later after that out on site as a site or project engineer, overseeing the facilitation of design and construction.
Your role will be working on large building developments consisting of multiple jump form cores and post-tension (PT) slabs - banded and flat plate.
Reporting to both the Project Manager and your team of office-based design engineers, your role will involve:
- Responsibility for the delivery of engineering designs and solutions, including concrete pouring and slab and beam construction.
- Reviewing designs & following up technical queries.
- Answering RFI's,
- Compiling quality & ITP documents in accordance with client specifications.
➡️ The candidate
As an experienced Structural Engineer, you will possess a high degree of understanding of the structural components that make up a building’s construction. Your experience in the design and inspections of slab and beam design will be paramount in your role with this business. A keen eye for detail and a sharp brain for problem-solving will form a large part of the requirements for this position.
The successful applicant will have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Experience as a Site or Project Engineer – ideally a minimum of 3 years.
- An understanding of post-tension structural elements, including jump form core design.
➡️ Opportunities and benefits for the successful applicant
- Work on iconic, major Melbourne projects.
- Excellent remuneration package, with city centre working location.
- A short walk from major transport hubs - bus and rail connections.
☎️ Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / email@example.com