This is a multifaceted, award-winning, international engineering design consultancy who have geographical reach in Europe, Middle East, S.E. Asia and Australia.
This employee-owned business has become widely recognised for their ability to apply innovative designs and alternative use of materials across an array of projects and is also known for their ability to deliver complex projects across several market sectors and services.
Within the last 12 months, the business has grown 5%, adding over 80 people across their group of offices worldwide. They also boast an impressive 15% attrition rate adding to the longevity that of your potential new position.
Having a strong presence in a multitude of markets, this business currently is on several major projects spanning the country, across transport infrastructure, built environment – commercial, mixed-use and residential as well as tall buildings.
Employed full time from the company’s head office in Sydney, your role will be working within the building structures team which consists of 6 other drafting and document controller staff. Your role as Structural Drafter will report to the drafting manager and will be predominately a documentation production and modelling position, collaboratively with your colleagues, using Revit and Aconex.
Depending on your level of experience you may also be coordinating between other stakeholders internal and external of the business, possibly attending meetings and inspections on site.
This new job opportunity exists purely to cope with the demands of new work, which is being won, as well as easing the pressures of existing projects too. As a building focused drafter, you can work exclusively on high-rise structures consisting of over 30 floors.
Due to the nature and focus of the position, an experienced, technically orientated candidate forms the main criteria of the role. A competent, proficient user of Revit and ideally Aconex is high on the prerequisite agenda.
A passionate and engaged attitude, together with an ability to communicate effectively will also work well within this team. Project experience does form an important part of the hiring criteria and candidates are to have demonstrable experience in larger-scale, multi-level buildings.
Essentially, you will be a positive and proactive person who can work using their own initiative and who can use their intuition to overcome problems as they arise.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working on building structures in Australia.
- Tertiary qualification in structural engineering or structural drafting.
- Relevant experience in the design of buildings using Revit.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with the team, managers and clients
What’s on offer:
- Convenient office location, close to cafes, restaurants public transport connections.
- Modern office space with excellent facilities and entertainment area.
- Excellent training and career development opportunities with a growing and high-performing organisation.
- Flexible parental leave benefits.
- A vibrant, social and collaborative team environment.
Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / email@example.com