- A supportive and flexible work environment which employees are offered the opportunity to set their own development goals that include, training on the job, learning and development from internal and external providers.
- Energetic environment and a positive, professional, and passionate team spirit.
- A competitive salary package, a vibrant and dynamic team, along with the opportunity to develop your career with a growing and high-performing organisation.
⭐ The Role
As part of the company’s continued success, they require a Structural Engineering Inspector to be the eyes on the ground, making sure the company’s projects are being built in accordance with the design and there isn’t any defects in the buildings’ structure.
Your ability to chat with builders as well as your excellent eye for detail will prove fruitful as the role will be very much field based, visiting several building sites and conducting inspections/audit’s on the structures integrity, ensuring that it’s defect free. You should also be capable of writing detailed reports as notifying the office of your findings will very much form part of this autonomous and independent working role.
⭐ The Candidate
An eye for detail is a must. A passion for quality also, understandably forms a large part of the requirements, however, your communications skills and ability to talk with builders and trades people is imperative.
As a rule of thumb if you align to the below, then this role is perfect for you.
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related field
- 3 or more years as a structural engineer, in either a site engineer role or a remedial or diagnostic position, essentially having the expertise to identify defects and write detailed reports.
- Working knowledge of structural systems and foundation design/analysis/construction
- Design/analysis experience with reinforced concrete, masonry, wood, and steel
- Working knowledge of building codes and experience reviewing building plans and specifications
- Willing and able to travel to office and job sites
This is a business that has been established for 20 years’, employing 16 engineering professionals across two offices in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
They are a highly personable business with a very hands-on service that puts client experience first. Their main-focus is on pre-construction, offering in-house building design, drafting, engineering, soil testing and 3D rendering, specialising in new homes, commercial & residential developments, renovations and refurbishment projects. Despite the Covid19 pandemic, they have seen an uplift in new projects and as a result have employed 3 new staff members since March.
The company have built their brand and reputation as approachable, reliable, and expert engineers and treat every project as if it is their own. Their staff are the backbone of the company and are all working towards a common goal of producing the highest quality professional service within the industry.
Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
☎️Please feel free to contact Ben Stanley-Clarke for a confidential discussion on
0422 684 291 / firstname.lastname@example.org