➡️ Benefits / What you can expect
- They occupy open-plan office space within a high-rise block containing all the regular amenities an office would offer. The building is situated in the heart of Brisbane's CBD so plenty of choices come lunchtime.
- The staff is, for the most part, senior. This should be a huge advantage if you're seeking an opportunity to learn, develop, and be mentored.
- The atmosphere is laid back and employees generally take charge of projects. They adopt a "client first" culture, so as long as the deliverables are met/being met, there isn't any undue pressure.
- Training and development as an engineer are very much offered in this company. Support in achieving chartership is encouraged and will be paid for by the organisation.
➡️ The Role
Building on the increased confidence in the market, this established business has experienced some continued success and has been awarded new project wins across their buildings team, and as a direct result of this, they are seeking a Structural Engineer to be based in their central Brisbane office.
Your role will support the success of the business and will contribute to the delivery of various engineering assignments both locally and on a national level.
Your role as a Structural Engineer will also include:
- Delivery of structural engineering design services, achieving successful design outcomes, and meeting statutory requirements.
- Plan, coordinate, and schedule timely delivery of project services (design/drafting & supervision) ensuring outcomes, timelines, and budgets are met.
- Provide mentoring, and technical guidance, and support to engineering and drafting personnel within the team.
- Attending meetings with clients, architects, and other parties and stakeholders associated with the project.
➡️ The Candidate
As a technically orientated engineer, you should be capable of working on the design and delivery of projects independently, as well as possess the capability to collaborate as part of a collective group. A passion for engineering, quality workmanship, and a keen eye for detail will allow you to excel from a technical perspective and should drive you to look for innovative solutions and designs.
As you will be a member of the engineering team, a role that may incorporate client interaction, stakeholder interfacing, and coordination involving a wide range of professions and seniority levels; Possessing excellent communication skills will enable you to communicate effectively and have the best possible chance of success in the role.
- Bachelor of Civil (Structural) Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of design experience.
➡️ The Company
This is a small, fluid business whose culture begins from the top. Honesty, integrity, respect, and pride are the pillars of the business’s success.
Specialists in Structural and Civil engineering design across Queensland, they pride themselves on delivering innovative, practical, and sustainable solutions that meet their clients’ objectives. The business is also multi-disciplined, having hydraulic, building services, and BIM, interwoven into the core services offered to clients.
From a project perspective, the business operates within the built environment. The business provides its structural, civil, hydraulic, and building services capabilities across projects aligned to industrial, commercial, residential, retail, and institutional (government) developments mainly across QLD and SA.
The Brisbane office is situated in Spring Hill and comprises around 12 people. They have clean bright office space with good amenities close by (shops, cafes, and the like). This is a professional design office with a hardworking, yet relaxed dynamic and culture.
☎️ Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / Daniel.email@example.com