- We are looking for you! A mid-senior level Structural Design Engineer who lives close or can travel daily to North Melbourne (Flemington area).
- This is an opportunity to work for a modern engineering company that is flexible, inclusive, and laid back in many ways. They are professional, yes, but they are chill at the same time. Think of this company as the opposite of a sweatshop.
- They offer a competitive salary, ongoing training and development opportunities, and a role where you can feel at home with other like-minded people.
▶️ The Role
The organisation is seeking you as their projects demand a technically orientated brain to work across their many structural projects, consisting of post-tension, reinforced concrete, and structural steel designs, across both the Victorian state and nationwide.
Your role will sit within the buildings team that consists of 7 others that include drafters and engineers.
Employed full-time from the company’s Flemington-based office, your role will be largely a technical focused position; designing and delivering projects aligned to specialist projects across commercial/retail, institutional, mixed-use, and industrial buildings. Coordination, and attending meetings may form part of your role, however, it will mainly be design orientated.
▶️ The Candidate
Due to the nature of this position, your engineering skills will need to be at a sufficient level that you can operate autonomously and deliver projects as well as provide help and advice to more junior members of staff. Furthermore, it is not essential that you have post-tension design experience, but it is certainly advantageous.
- 5+ years + experience in a structural engineering role within an engineering consultancy.
- A degree qualification in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- An ability to identify and develop alternative design options that present more cost-effective and innovative solutions.
▶️ The Company
This a young business that was derived from an established Australasian mid-sized consultancy. This business has been established in 2015 and since its inception, has experienced significant growth and has now amassed over 120 people, spanning Europe, S.E. Asia, and Australasia. To this day, they are constantly growing which is a direct result of their continued success across the globe.
This growing company operates in the civil and structural engineering space and has worked on some very prestigious projects in Europe, Asia, and Australia. Structures make up a large portion of the business’s capability, however, civil engineering is a growing discipline and from a project perspective they are involved in the built environment space, completing associated civil package designs relating to structural developments.
The business's Managing Director has an impressive and reputable background in the founding and establishing of various engineering organisations which have all been and continue to be great successes to this day. One considerable contributing reason as to why they may have experienced that success is that they operate a twenty-first century, inclusive and laid-back culture, placing trust in their workforce and steering well away from the old-school, sweatshop mentality that is common amongst this industry.
Another great accolade they are proud of having is flexible working/flexible hours and remote working. Even before the pandemic set in, staff had full autonomy and flexibility to work from home if they wished. It is worth noting too that during the pandemic, they did not reduce any staff numbers and in fact, the business kept growing which is clearly a testament to their fantastic reputation.
☎️ Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on 0478 845 102 / email@example.com