If you’re an engineer with a minimum of 3 years of structural design experience in Australia and are open to looking at new roles with a smaller company then this could be for you. In summary, this business would offer you:
- The opportunity to work on medium to large scale, multilevel buildings across both the private and public sectors.
- A relaxed, easy-going, and social culture where people are encouraged to offer suggestions and ideas in whatever capacity that may be.
- A non-corporate, non-hierarchical flat management structure where employees are offered and encouraged to learn from senior members of staff including directors.
- Where possible (given the restrictions), regular team events and social days out of the office.
- A generous salary package of up to $100k plus super.
This is a young business that has been established for just over 6 years and is operational throughout NSW. They have a total of just over 15 passionate employees who work in their Surry Hills-based office and offer civil and structural design services to their private and government clients state-wide.
As a structural engineering design specialist, they focus on commercial, retail, health & aged care, education, and transport projects and offer services in engineering advisory. As well as BIM services, the company is also specialists across Tall buildings, vibration analysis, value engineering, building remediation, and complex basements developments.
The company has carefully handpicked a Senior Team with a wealth of previous experience at top-tier consultancies and they operate a flat management structure that benefits in the following ways.
- They can make decisions quickly and efficiently resulting in a better service to clients.
- There is zero hierarchy in the office. Everyone shares ideas and is encouraged to contribute.
- It also means that help, advice, and continual learning from the seniors and directors of the business are never far away and always given.
Due to prosperous market conditions, the business is experiencing a high degree of incoming work which is causing the requirement and recruitment drive for an experienced Structural Design Engineer. Your role will be a technical design orientated position, where you will be working on a multitude of projects aligned to the markets mentioned in the company section of this advert and that comprise of RC concrete, structural steel, timber, and block elements.
Having good communication skills will help with interfacing and liaising with your peers and managers of the business, as well as any external interfacing and coordination you may have. A technical mindset and a keen eye for detail form the primary requirement in your arsenal of skills. Being a passionate and hungry-to-learn engineer will allow you to achieve and progress within the business and is certainly a required attribute to possess for this role and business.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in structural engineering design is critical for this position. (Australian experience only)
- A degree qualification in civil or structural engineering.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
Please feel free to contact Daniel for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / email@example.com