As a natural "people person", you will have excellent communication skills, an outgoing personality, a good sense of humour, and be warm, good-natured and approachable. Your hunger and passion for design, value and quality workmanship will drive you to look for innovative solutions, maintaining existing client relationships as well as forming new ones. You have experience of new home and building renovations as they need someone to come in and hit the ground running.
⭐ The Role:
Due to a large amount of conceptual work coming in the building structures department, the drafting team have established a requirement for a Structural Building Designer to come in and join their Brisbane team based in Eight Mile Plains. Their Brisbane office comprises of around 15 engineers and drafters who all work on structural projects.
Working within their structural engineering team, in this role, your main focus will be across the luxury, low-rise & mid-rise residential sector.
Using your excellent drafting and design experience and exposure to renovations and new homes, the focus of your role with will be preparing design sketches in AutoCAD, liaising with the engineering team, site supervisors and developers throughout the design phase and handle all the queries and changes as they come up.
Further to this, you will have a sound design knowledge of timber wall, floor, roof frame design and wall bracing.
⭐ The Company:
This is a business that has been established for 20 years’, employing 25+ engineering professionals across three offices in Brisbane, Newcastle and the Gold Coast.
They are a highly personable business with a very hands-on service that puts client experience first. Their main focus is on pre-construction, offering in-house building design, drafting, engineering, soil testing and 3D rendering, specialising in new homes, residential developments, renovations and refurbishment projects. Despite the Covid19 pandemic, they have seen an uplift in new projects and as a result have grown their total staff headcount.
The company have built their brand and reputation as approachable, reliable, and expert engineers and treat every project as if it is their own. Their staff are the backbone of the company and are all working towards a common goal of producing the highest quality professional service within the industry.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering/Architecture.
- Good understanding of construction methods and building regulations.
- A minimum of 3 years’ of design/drafting experience with demonstrated work in the residential sector.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD.
- Ability to work autonomously or in a team.
⭐ What’s on offer:
- A supportive and flexible work environment which employees are offered the opportunity to set their own development goals that include, training on the job, learning and development from internal and external providers.
- Energetic environment and a positive, professional, and passionate team spirit.
- A competitive salary package, a vibrant and dynamic team, along with the opportunity to develop your career with a growing and high-performing organization.
If you believe this could be the opportunity for you or if you are interested in similar roles please contact email@example.com.