My client is an established Principal Contractor with focus on Government, Commercial and Retail Construction. They recognise the importance of communication and consultation in delivering a successful project and have designed and implemented a system around our core values of teamwork, transparency and innovation.
My client is big enough to compete, yet small enough to care. Fundamentally, they believe in investing in good people to deliver great results and they work tirelessly to promote a supportive culture that facilitates individual growth. All of their staff are provided with daily opportunities to add value to the business and gain insights into deliverables outside of their specific role.
About The Role
Due to an expanding portfolio of awarded contracts, they are currently seeking an experienced Site Supervisor with a construction background to join our growing team on site-based works.
- Managing and communicating with subcontractors and other stakeholders
- Running a team and achieving set goals
- Day-to-day supervision of site, suppliers and trades
- Maintaining and communicating a project schedule / program
- Quality assurance checks and identifying defects
- Managing rectification of defects
- Scheduling trades
- Reading and interpreting plans and drawings
- Completing site diaries
- Ordering and material lists
- Conducting site meetings - toolbox talks, HSEQ issues etc.
- Maintaining compliance with all HSEQ requirements
- Liaising with stakeholders - sub contractors and office team
- Reporting to the site manager, project manager and director
- Demonstrated experience in a Site Supervisor role with Construction contractors – Defence experience highly regarded
- A passion for construction and are hardworking, reliable
- A strong ability work as a part of a diverse and multicultural team
- An eye for detail and display pride in your workmanship
- Enthusiasm to learn & accept new challenges and skill sets
- A passion for problem solving and tackling challenges head-on
- Trade certification
- Cert IV in WHS is advantageous
- Must be an Australian Citizen
If this is the role for you please Apply now or email me for a confidential chat email@example.com.