This is an employee-owned, independent, international consulting practice, providing integrated consulting services to the international resource sector. Their expertise and technical capability stretch across mining, geotechnical engineering, geology, resources, exploration, tailings, heap leach, and waste management. Other services include environmental, coal, and mine water.
Formed over 45 years ago, this globally recognised, and industry-leading consultancy employs around 1500 professionals across Australia, Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Americas. Having been operational for such a period, this consultancy has built a portfolio of clients that exceeds over a thousand of the world’s major and medium-sized mineral mining houses and exploration companies, financial institutions, construction companies, and government departments.
The business is proud to operate a relaxed, inclusive, and nurturing culture. Their approach is a little more old-school, than it is corporate, offering a modern but flexible environment. An autonomous, yet team focused, and collaborative dynamic is what you can expect from this business. It’s a social team and office and you will have the opportunity to interact with local, interstate, and international colleagues.
Located in the heart of Brisbane, this office is a light and airy space, equipped with all the amenities to allow you to be at your best. The office is a short walk from transport hubs and connections, shops, restaurants, and cafes.
The Brisbane office is seeking a Principal Geotechnical Engineer, experienced in mine waste and tailings projects to join an established tailings team situated in Brisbane CBD, contributing to existing projects whilst developing your own client base and projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing designs for mine waste facilities (tailings storage facilities, heap leach pads, and waste dumps) at all stages from concept to closure.
- Contribute to the development of the Tailings team through mentoring of juniors and assisting on project requirements.
- Undertaking engineering analyses such as stability, seepage, and mass balance modelling.
- Preparing technical deliverables including, reports and construction documentation.
- Overseeing construction and operation of mine waste facilities.
- Undertaking geotechnical investigations and interpreting results.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders, including clients.
Due to the nature of the position, a passionate, technically orientated engineer who possesses strong communication skills and expertise in the design and delivery of mine waste storage facility projects – namely tailings, is perfect for the role.
To be considered for the role of Senior Tailings Engineer, you will possess:
- A minimum of 10 years’ post-graduation experience in the same or similar role.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering.
- A relevant engineering qualification recognised by Engineers Australia – CPEng, RPEQ, NER.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and language fluency in English.
What’s on offer
- Opportunities for career and professional development, including leadership and mentoring, shareholding and directorship.
- Up to $250k salary package, plus performance bonuses and shareholding opportunities in the company. In addition, you will also get a company mobile, credit card and ergonomic workstation.
- It should be noted that shareholding is open to all staff and has provided significant returns to staff who have invested. Providing an opportunity for all staff to share in the commercial success of the company. Further details will be provided at the interview.
- A flexible work environment and convenient Brisbane CBD based location.
- Mentoring by Principal Consultants who are global leaders in their fields.
- Relocation for any candidate who is based interstate.
Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
Please feel free to contact Daniel for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / firstname.lastname@example.org