- Employee-owned and one of APAC largest independent consultancies, offering a full range of specialist engineering services across multiple sectors.
- Flexible working arrangements - in office, at home or remotely.
- Both Sydney and Melbourne offices are located conveniently in the CBD and are next to transport connections.
- Energetic environment and a positive, professional, and passionate team spirit.
- A competitive salary package along with the opportunity to develop your career with a growing and high-performing organisation.
➡️ The Candidate
You are capable of working autonomously, without supervision and will be competent to set up and work remotely where required.
Because you are technically orientated, navigation around the software side of things will be second nature. Revit will be your forte and a solid understanding of engineering principals will enable you to manage the production of drawings, whilst coordinating with engineers and other stakeholders with ease.
Communication should also be a key component in your arsenal of skills. Effective communication will enable you to be both heard and understood. Both internal and external interfacing/liaison will form part of your role.
Your project experience does form an important part of the hiring criteria and it is preferable if you have exposure of Industrial – either Manufacturing or Mining; Utilities or Infrastructure, however, this is purely an ideal requirement more than it is essential.
In summary, you should be a technical expert with a good foundation of engineering principals and the ability to working independently, together with proficiency in communicating well, in both written and verbal forms.
➡️ The Role
Your new employer has not only been busy over the course of 2020 but as a direct result of the continued success they’ve experienced, they have grown too.
Due to a long-term employee fast approaching retirement in 2021, the drafting team are looking for their successor.
Employed from either the company’s Melbourne or Sydney office, your role will be positioned within the building structures team and will support the success of the business, contributing to the delivery of various engineering assignments aligned to the sectors above both locally and on a national level.
Your role as Senior Structural Modeller will also include:
- Providing mentoring, technical guidance and support to other drafting personnel within the team.
- Interfacing, liaising, building relationships with engineering professionals, clients, architects, and stakeholders associated with the project.
- Attending meetings and site to conduct inspections.
➡️ The Company
This is one of APAC’s largest independent, employee-owned engineering consultancies who have grown from a family-owned business to one of the major players in the Asia Pacific region. A business that has been established for over 100 years and has grown to have over 3000 employees and over 20 offices.
Diversity and inclusion underpin their creativity and innovation. They aim to provide all their people with an equal opportunity to build a career that reflects their ability and passions. The company’s employees come from a diversity of cultures, enhancing creativity, and strengthening their solutions. They actively celebrate cultural diversity across the business and are committed to enhancing their cultural diversity further.
Considered a tier two sized organisation, this multifaceted consultancy operates an abundance of markets and industry sectors – Industrial, Infrastructure, Aviation, Mining/Resources, Land Development, Institutional and Commercial to name a few.
Capable of just about everything, typically they provide their valued clients with Civil, Geotechnical, Seismic, Water, Structural and Building Services Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in structural drafting on building structure projects in Australia.
- Tertiary qualification in structural engineering or structural drafting.
- Relevant experience in the design of buildings using Revit.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with the team, managers, and clients.
Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
☎️ Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / firstname.lastname@example.org