An established boutique civil & structural engineering consultancy is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join there Sydney based office for a design, management and delivery focused role.
The business has just over 25 professional engineering and drafting staff in their office, which is located on the outskirts of the city just off the A40. They benefit from a great office culture which is a hard-working, professional and social. They regularly meet for social drinks and meals out of the office and attend activities where possible.
Having two offices in total, they are known for their work in the civil and structural disciplines and are working with both private and government clients on a vast array of developments that include Education, Commercial, Government, Public and Residential.
Reporting to the Project Director, your role would require you to plan and run projects independently. This would involve but are isn’t limited to:
- Taking the project through from the initial design phases to completion ensuring technical standards and deadlines are maintained.
- Managing a project team of engineers and drafters providing leadership to internal teams and mentoring to junior staff.
- Liaising with external stakeholders that include authorities, clients, contractors, architects.
Having excellent communication skills and capability to liaise/converse with a vast array of people and cultures, you will be able to build internal and external relationships effectively, whilst having the technical understanding and skillset needed to successfully deliver projects to the technical specification and ensuring deadlines are met. You must be a CPEng qualified engineer as a prerequisite.
You should also have:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Australia, preferably on local projects (Sydney).
- Advanced structural engineering design and management experience including:
- Commercial, residential and institutional projects.
- Multi-level buildings up to 10 storeys including basement design.
- A relevant engineering qualification recognised by Engineers Australia.
- Chartered Professional Engineer - CPEng
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / email@example.com