This a civil & structural engineering design consultancy who have been established for over 20 years throughout NSW. They have a total of nearly 30 passionate employees who work from their St Leonards based office.
This “people first” business operates to a high degree of staff satisfaction and well-being and they pride themselves on prioritising their staff before its profits. Their staff are the backbone of the company and are all working towards a common goal of producing the highest quality professional service within the industry.
The company have built their brand and reputation as approachable, reliable and expert engineers and treat every project as if it is their own. They operate in the small rise retail, institutional, fast food and industrial project space.
Due to a long-standing member of the structural team moving on, the business requires the replacement of this person. The structural team consists of over 10 people that include engineers, drafters and admin staff.
The primary focus of your role will be team leadership and project delivery. This will consist of managing stakeholder and client expectations, mentorship and daily supervision of junior engineers as well as ongoing networking and relationship building with new and existing clients of the business.
Your role as Senior Structural Engineer will include:
- Delivery of structural engineering design services to a range of clients and industries mentioned above, achieving successful design outcomes and meeting statutory requirements.
- Plan, coordinate and schedule timely delivery of project services (design/drafting & supervision) ensuring outcomes, timelines and budgets are met.
- Provide mentoring, and technical guidance and support to engineering and drafting personnel within the team.
- Attending meetings with clients, architects and other parties and stakeholders associated to the project.
As a natural "people person", you will have excellent communication skills, an outgoing personality, and be warm, good-natured and approachable. You should be a passionate engineer with a background in design and have a keen eye for quality workmanship. As a natural “out of the box thinker”, you’ll possess the ability to look for innovative design solutions, maintaining client satisfaction and excellent service.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a structural engineering role within an engineering consultancy.
- Tertiary qualification/degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Advanced structural engineering design and management experience.
- Ability to identify and develop alternative design options that present more cost-effective and innovative solutions.
- Strong communication skills and an outgoing, warm, friendly and approachable demeanour.
What’s on offer:
- A supportive and flexible work environment along with training and development.
- Hardworking, professional and inclusive environment. Office functions, social activities and events are made as regular as possible. A mix of ages, backgrounds and cultures make up the overall dynamic in the office.
- A competitive salary package, a vibrant and dynamic office culture along with the opportunity to develop your career with a growing and high-performing organisation.
Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / email@example.com