- A supportive and flexible work environment in which employees are offered the opportunity to set their own development goals that include, training on the job, learning, and development from internal and external providers, including development towards CPEng if not already acquired.
- Energetic environment and a positive, professional, and passionate team spirit.
- A competitive salary package, a vibrant and dynamic team, along with the opportunity to develop your career with a growing and high-performing organisation.
➡️ The Role
Employed full-time from the company’s Parramatta-based office and reporting directly to the director, your role as a Senior Structural Engineer will be to perform investigations, reporting, design of consultancy services for structural engineering projects, and project procurement.
You will be working on a range of residential, commercial, and industrial projects with existing design engineers in the team.
Your role as Senior Structural Engineer will include:
- Complete detailed engineering designs.
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary professionals.
- Attend client meetings and assist them in understanding the suggested solutions.
- Conduct site visits when necessary and check compliance of as-built to design drawings.
- Review/approve draft technical reports from more junior engineers.
- Supervise and mentor junior engineers in performing their daily assigned activities.
➡️ The Candidate
As a natural "people person", you will have excellent communication skills, an outgoing personality, a good sense of humour, and be warm, good-natured, and approachable. Your hunger and passion for engineering, value, and quality workmanship will drive you to look for innovative solutions and designs, maintaining existing client relationships as well as forming new ones.
➡️ The Company
Specialists in civil, structural, and building services engineering design across New South Wales, Queensland, and Victoria, and operating in Western Sydney, they pride themselves on delivering innovative, practical, and sustainable solutions that meet their clients’ objectives. The business also has post-tension, pre-tensioning, and temporary works components interwoven into its core services.
From a project perspective, the business operates within the built environment, namely commercial, industrial, and residential sectors, functioning primarily in the private sector space.
Comprising of over 50 employees in a clean and bright office space with good amenities close by (shops, cafes, and the like), it is located within a 5-minute walk to a major train station. The company is proud to operate an inclusive and diverse culture with a healthy mix of genders, ethnicities, and beliefs. Their passionate and technically orientated workforce are all advocates of hard work and for their valued input the business is fully flexible allowing remote working, finishing early to collect kids from school, and offering time in leu.
- An Engineers Australia accredited four-year Civil/Structural Engineering qualification or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in structural engineering consultancy.
- Registration on the National Engineers Register (N.E.R.).
- Proficiency in structural design programs such as; INDUCTA Package (RC Buildings/RC Slabs/RC Columns/RC Footings); RAPT; TEKLA TEDDS; Wallap; Microstran; ETABS; AutoCAD.
☎️ Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / email@example.com