- Work from home 40% of the week (2 days out of the 5).
- Come to work in a newly renovated, 300sqm light-filled, airy office space with a separate kitchen and lunchroom in the heart of the beautiful suburb of Richmond. The building has shower facilities onsite too.
- Plenty of parking outside the office, with lots of spaces available.
- The office is a 5-minute walk away from lots of shops, cafes, and restaurants. They are also within 5 minutes of the tram and 10 mins away from the train station.
- Work on a variety of architecturally driven, high-end projects which are regularly featured in Architecture & Design magazines and industry-related publications.
- A supportive and flexible work environment where employees are given the opportunity to work autonomously as well as the training and development to help them grow and develop.
- A positive and professional, yet laid-back environment with a team that likes to get involved in regular team activities. One of which was recently a 100km walk for Oxfam.
- Regular pats for Frankie – the office dog.
➡️ The Candidate
Attitude is everything!! Yes, you will naturally be a technically orientated person, however, mindset is key to being successful in this role. Working in a smaller organisation, you will be wearing several hats (so to speak) and regularly talking with clients and stakeholders, meaning excellent communication skills – both verbal and written will be required in this role. Technical proficiency will allow you to work independently as well as oversee junior engineers and your hunger and passion for engineering, value, and quality workmanship will drive you to look for innovative solutions and designs, maintaining existing client relationships as well as forming new ones.
- Bachelor of Civil (Structural) Engineering.
- Member of Engineers Australia, CPEng, NER, or similar qualifications.
- Minimum of 7 years of design experience.
➡️ The Role
This organisation - your future employer are leaders in their field of expertise and because of their continued success, they are getting busier and busier. With this in mind, they are now searching for you – a Senior Structural Engineer who will work alongside an existing senior engineer and help to drive the day-to-day productivity and running of the structural design team.
Reporting to a director, this is largely a technically focused role, concentrating on design output, coordination, and attending meetings. This will naturally involve, project management and interfacing with the relevant stakeholders involved.
➡️ The Company
Entering the halfway point in their third decade of operation, this business is no newbie. They have built a successful business on reputation, driven by cost-effective, time-saving quality workmanship, and are especially proud of their long-standing relationships with their valued clients, a few of which have been loyal for over 35 years and counting.
The business is structures dominated and works primarily for medium – large scale architecture firms in Melbourne as well as state-wide. Offering conceptual design, contract documentation, certification, and construction on a variety of award-winning residential and institutional building projects, the business is intrinsically involved from the very beginning to the very end.
Civil engineering is also an area of significance, boasting some key relationships with landscape architects, subcontractors, and various government bodies, they have recently won some impressively large and complex infrastructure packages.
Ultimately, their goal is to provide a friendly, dynamic, positive, and encouraging workplace that empowers staff to achieve rewarding outcomes for themselves and for their clients. They encourage staff to take personal ownership and responsibility for their projects and careers.
I would love to talk more about this company and the benefits of working for them.
☎️ Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / email@example.com