This is a well-regarded engineering consultancy who have been established for over 50 years and have built a strong foundation of expertise and valued clients. Relationships are at the heart of their business and the success they’ve experienced is a combination of focusing on real relationships with both their staff and their clients.
The focus of the business is specifically across civil and structural engineering, consisting of major and minor roads, commercial civil, subdivision; high-rise building structures, bridges, car parks, industrial and retail developments.
The business is headed by an experienced, down-to-earth board of directors who between them have over 100 years of combined expertise. As a company, they have recently secured a strong pipeline of new work and are currently on some very prestigious projects in the QLD state.
The company has been successful in winning a major part of an iconic leisure project in Brisbane’s CBD. The business has secured its role as one of two structural engineers and is responsible for the design and delivery for part of the structural package. As such the company require an experienced Senior Structural Engineer who will be based from their CBD office full time and will be working on not just this project but other landmark structural projects in SEQ.
You will be:
- Managing your own projects - providing hands-on technical design, analysis and delivery of building structure projects consisting of residential, mixed-use, commercial and institutional developments, of steel and conventional reinforced concrete packages. As a chartered engineer, you will also be involved in conducting design reviews.
- Attend site for inspections and project delivery as well as coordination meetings.
- Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders, including clients.
Having excellent communication skills and capability to converse with an array of different people, you will be able to build internal and external relationships effectively, whilst having the technical ability and skill set needed to design and deliver your own projects independently and assist on your team's designs too.
- Over 5 years’ experience in a structural engineering role within an engineering consultancy.
- A degree qualification in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Chartered Professional Engineer – RPEQ, CPEng, NER is preferred but not essential.
- Experience of designing building structures of steel and conventional reinforced concrete packages.
- Ability to identify and develop alternative design options that present more cost-effective and innovative solutions.
- The ability to build, maintain and enhance professional relationships.
Opportunities and benefits for the successful applicant
- Work on an iconic, major Brisbane leisure project.
- Career progression and on-going training provided
- Excellent remuneration package, with city centre working location.
- A short walk from major transport hubs - bus and rail connections.
Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / firstname.lastname@example.org