This is an employee-owned, independent, international consulting practice, providing integrated consulting services to the international resource sector. Their expertise and technical capability stretch across mining, geotechnical engineering, geology, resources, exploration, tailings, heap leach and waste management. Other services include environment, coal and mine water.
Formed over 45 years ago, this globally recognised, and industry-leading consultancy employs around 3500 professionals across Australia, Asia, Africa, Europe and the Americas. Having been operational for such a period, this consultancy has built a portfolio of clients that exceeds over a thousand of the world’s major and medium-sized mineral mining houses and exploration companies, financial institutions, construction companies and government departments.
The business is proud to operate a relaxed, inclusive and nurturing culture. Their approach is a little more old-school, than it is corporate, offering a modern but flexible environment. An autonomous, yet team focused, and collaborative dynamic is what you can expect from this business. It’s a social team and office and you will have the opportunity to interact with local, interstate and international colleagues.
Located in the heart of Perth, this office is a light and airy space, equipped with all the amenities to allow you to be at your best. The office is a short walk from transport hubs and connections, shops, restaurants and cafes.
Due to ongoing growth and expansion of the team, the Perth office is seeking their next, senior hire for the business. There is an opportunity for a seasoned Senior-Level Open Pit Mining Consultant to join their highly respected and well-established team, contributing to existing projects and as well as helping in the mentorship and daily leadership of juniors.
You will be responsible for:
- Carrying out underground mine planning and engineering studies for a range of commodities Australian and international projects.
- Manage open-pit mining projects including budgeting and quality control.
- Develop innovative solutions to mining problems across a variety of commodities.
- Build, develop and maintain new and existing client relationships.
- Potential contributions to business development and marketing of the business. This may also include tender submissions and fee negotiation.
- Collaborating with key project stakeholders, internal and external of the business to maximise effectiveness and optimise project delivery.
- Provide mentorship, leadership and guidance to project teams and junior engineers.
As a natural "people person", you will have excellent communication skills, an outgoing personality, and be warm, good-natured and approachable. You should be a passionate engineer with a background in design and have a keen eye for quality workmanship and a problem-solving brain. As a natural “out of the box thinker”, you’ll possess the ability to look for innovative design solutions, maintaining client satisfaction and excellent service.
To be considered for the role of Senior Open Pit Mining Engineer, you will possess:
- Over 8 years’ experience at senior level in the same or similar role.
- A Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering, geotechnical engineering or similar
- Chartered Professional Engineer and Member of Engineers Australia.
- Strong project management, coordination, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
What’s on offer
- Opportunities for career and professional development, including leadership and mentoring, shareholding and directorship.
- Up to $200k salary package, plus performance bonuses and shareholding opportunities in the company. In addition, you will also get a company mobile, credit card and ergonomic workstation.
- It should be noted that shareholding is open to all staff and has provided significant returns to staff who have invested. Providing an opportunity for all staff to share in the commercial success of the company. Further details will be provided at the interview.
- A flexible work environment and convenient Perth CBD based location.
- International travel and opportunities to work with the group’s international offices.
- Sponsorship and relocation package for all candidates moving internationally and interstate.
Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
Please feel free to contact Daniel for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / email@example.com