This is a great opportunity to join a major player in the industry and to work on some of the largest and most prestigious tenders in the marketplace.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Perform a key role within the Estimating team, ensuring that all aspects relating to resources and costs have been considered
- Maintain an understanding (and associated cost) of current and emerging construction techniques, products and methodologies.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with major suppliers, subcontractors, government authorities, clients and industry consultants where continual contact is important in the achievement of the company's objectives.
- Utilisation of industry software to present cost plans and tenders in a clear and concise format.
- Preparation of tenders on the basis of D&C, GMP, Turnkey and other forms of contract
- Assist the team in negotiating tenders, conditions, etc
- Collation of cost data directly from industry suppliers, subcontractors and completed projects.
- Monitor project costs and provide cost alternatives as required.
- Degree in a relevant discipline together with solid estimating experience
- Clear understanding of industry construction techniques and proficient and proven skills in industry software
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the external and internal business environment
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision making skills
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills through development of productive relationships with colleagues and team members
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high pressure environment
- Proven high level of professionalism, maturity and candour in daily work ethic
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
If this sounds like the role for you please don't hesitate to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0450544923