Due to a long-standing member of this engineering consultancy's team moving on, the mine waste team are seeking their replacement.
Employed out of either the Brisbane or Perth office (the business are flexible as to the location), your role will be largely involved in mine closure planning and mine closure cost estimation, project management, due diligence, assurance matters, environmental management plans, and environmental approvals.
➡️️ What’s on offer
- Opportunities for career and professional development, including leadership and mentoring, shareholding and directorship.
- Up to $160k salary package, plus performance bonuses and shareholding opportunities in the company. In addition, you will also get a company mobile, credit card and ergonomic workstation.
- It should be noted that shareholding is open to all staff and has provided significant returns to staff who have invested. Providing an opportunity for all staff to share in the commercial success of the company. Further details will be provided at the interview.
- A flexible work environment and convenient Brisbane or Perth CBD based locations.
- International travel and opportunities to work with the group’s international offices (once we are able to travel again).
- Sponsorship and relocation package for all candidates moving internationally and interstate.
Because of the position’s technical focus, a passionate, technically orientated consultant or scientist with a demonstrable background of mine closure and/or reclamation is favoured for the role. Attributable to the communication portion of the role – interfacing, meetings and liaising with various stakeholders, a personable, patient, and approachable demeanour is essential.
To be considered for the role of Senior Environmental Consultant, you will possess:
- A minimum of 7 years’ post-graduation experience in the same or similar role aligned to mine closure/mine reclamation in a consultancy environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in either Environmental, Geo-environmental, Geochemistry or Geology.
- Possess strong, effective traits in areas such as communication, empathy, creativity, flexibility, and honesty.
This is an employee-owned, independent, international consulting practice, providing integrated consulting services to the international resource sector. Their expertise and technical capability stretch across mining, geotechnical engineering, geology, resources, exploration, tailings, heap leach, and waste management. Other services include environmental, coal, and mine water.
Formed over 45 years ago, this globally recognised, and industry-leading consultancy employs around 1500 professionals across Australia, Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Americas. Having been operational for such a period, this consultancy has built a portfolio of clients that exceeds over a thousand of the world’s major and medium-sized mineral mining houses and exploration companies, financial institutions, construction companies, and government departments.
The business is proud to operate a relaxed, inclusive, and nurturing culture. Their approach is a little more old-school, than it is corporate, offering a modern but flexible environment. An autonomous, yet team focused, and collaborative dynamic is what you can expect from this business. It’s a social team and office and you will have the opportunity to interact with local, interstate, and international colleagues.
Both their Perth and Brisbane offices are located in the heart of the city and are light and airy spaces, equipped with all the amenities to allow you to be at your best. The office is a short walk from transport hubs and connections, shops, restaurants, and cafes.
☎️ Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
Please feel free to contact Daniel for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / email@example.com