The business is widely regarded as one of Australia's best builders nationally having delivered high quality, large and complex projects time and time again.
Operating as the right hand person to the Commercial Manager this role comes with a lot of responsibility and therefore someone who has worked in a Contracts Manager or Senior Contracts Manager role for a Tier 1 or 2 business on large construction projects in excess of $250m is sought after.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- The provision of contract and commercial management services to ensure effective implementation across the business to manage commercial risk.
- Mentor, coach, train and develop project teams in best practice contract management, legislation and internal systems compliance.
- Maintain, identify improvements and contribute to the refinement of commercial systems and processes.
- Plan and conduct commercial workshops, ensuring our project teams are inducted into the head contract conditions.
- Provide advice and direction to project teams and management with regard to the effective management of contract and commercial matters.
- Manage the Group’s suite of subcontract agreements and make amendments to include updated legislation, procedures, etc.
- Conduct training and auditing across relevant legislation, codes of practice, contract management and relevant systems to ensure Group compliance and development.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have:
- 10 years+ experience in commercial, contract management, senior contract administration or project management roles
- Understanding of commercial construction processes
- Expertise across contract management, construction law and general contract administration processes
- Proactively building relationships with key stakeholders
- Developing, coaching and mentoring teams
- Tier 1 or 2 experience with an Australian business