- A remuneration package of up to $135k.
- Located in Brisbane, close to public transport connections.
- They occupy open-plan office space within a high-rise block containing all the regular amenities an office would offer. The building is situated in the heart of Brisbane's CBD so plenty of choices come lunchtime.
- The atmosphere is laid back and employees generally take charge of projects. They adopt a "client first" culture, so as long as the deliverables are met/being met, there isn't any undue pressure.
- Training and development as an engineer are very much offered in this company.
➡️ The Company
This is a small, fluid business whose culture begins from the top. Honesty, integrity, respect, and pride are the pillars of the business’s success.
Specialists in Structural and Civil engineering design across Queensland, they pride themselves on delivering innovative, practical, and sustainable solutions that meet their clients’ objectives. The business is also multi-disciplined, having hydraulic, building services, and BIM, interwoven into the core services offered to clients.
From a project perspective, the business operates within the built environment. The business provides its structural, civil, hydraulic, and building services capabilities across projects aligned to industrial, commercial, residential, retail, and institutional (government) developments mainly across QLD and SA.
The Brisbane office is situated in the CBD and comprises around 17 people. They have clean bright office space with good amenities close by (shops, cafes, and the like). This is a professional design office with a hardworking, yet relaxed dynamic and culture.
➡️ The Role
Reporting to the civil director, the focus of your role will be for the most part technical. The main objectives are to design and oversee the delivery and quality of the civil design team output. Utilising your experience and keen eye for detail, you will have the opportunity to manage the productivity of 4-5 people in the civil team – mentoring, training, and conducting design reviews. In addition to the design aspects, you will also be involved in coordination and stakeholder meetings that will include clients, architects, government authorities, and support services.
From a project perspective, you will be working on all the civil elements of commercial, residential, retail, industrial, and institutional building projects.
➡️ The Candidate
As a consequence of the position’s technical focus, a methodical, practical, and technically oriented mindset is required. Attributable to the people management, mentoring, and stakeholder communication aspect of the position, a personable, patient, and approachable demeanour is essential.
- A minimum of 6 years experience in a civil engineering position, having completed projects aligned to this company’s focus.
- Tertiary qualification/degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- You must be a chartered professional with CPEng/RPEQ.
- Strong design skills and project management capability are critical in this position.
Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / email@example.com