This a business who have been established for nearly 40 years throughout the east coast of Australia – namely South East Queensland. They have a total of just over 45 passionate employees who work across their network of 4 high performing offices.
This “people first” business operates to a high degree of staff satisfaction and well-being and they pride themselves on prioritising their staff before its profits. Their staff are the backbone of the company and are all working towards a common goal of producing the highest quality professional service within the industry.
The company have built their brand and reputation as approachable, reliable and expert engineers and treat every project as if it is their own. They operate in the institutional project space consisting of aged care, education, community; as well as commercial and residential subdivision projects, including architecturally designed high-end properties.
➡️ The Role
Due to a healthy pipeline of work and an expected ramp-up of new work post-COVID-19, the business requires a Senior Civil Engineer to join their Brisbane based office.
In addition to the technical component, this role is a mentoring and management position, leading a project team of up to 4 engineers. Moreover, you will be developing strong working relationships both internally and with key clients, architects, government authorities and support services.
Your role as a Senior Civil Engineer will include:
- Ownership and delivery of projects in land development, local government infrastructure, commercial, residential and institutional civil works, flood and stormwater modelling and WSUD.
- Plan, coordinate and schedule timely delivery of project services (design/drafting & supervision) ensuring outcomes, timelines and budgets are met.
- Provide mentoring, and technical guidance and support to engineering and drafting personnel within the team.
- Attending meetings with clients, architects and other parties and stakeholders associated with the project.
➡️ The Candidate
As a consequence of the position’s technical focus, a methodical, practical and technically oriented mindset is required. Attributable to the people management, mentoring and stakeholder communication aspect of the position, a personable, patient and approachable demeanour is essential.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a civil engineering position, having completed projects aligned to this company’s focus.
- Tertiary qualification/degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- You must be a chartered professional with CPEng/RPEQ.
- Strong design skills and project management capability are critical in this position.
- You should be able to demonstrate your business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Most importantly, you must be passionate and driven to produce high-quality workmanship, which exceeds expectation, adds value and meets strict budget requirements.
⭐️ What’s on offer:
- A remuneration package of up to $150k.
- Located in Brisbane, close to public transport connections.
- An Associate Program providing eligible employees with the ability to share in the profits of the business.
- On the job training, learning from others and external training.
- You will be working on a variety of challenging and stimulating projects in and outside of the state.
Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / email@example.com