Stream Consulting Group are working with a leading builder/developer who are looking for a Safety Officer / QSHE Advisor who has the ability to work across Residential High Rise Developments. My client has great growth plans for the next 12-24 months, great time to join the company and grow as they make big moves.
Reporting to the Site Manager, your duties will include (but not limited to):
Skills & Experience:
- Overall implementation / coordination of WHSE Management System
- Provide ongoing education / mentoring to staff on their WHSE responsibilities / functions
- Manage the review / update of WHSE related plans include WHSE, Project Risk Assessment and Emergency Response Plan in conjunction with relevant stakeholders
- Facilitate consultation in workplace WHSE including, where required, setting up safety committees on site; daily pre-starts; internal / external toolbox meetings etc)
- Provide advice, strategies and problem solving to site and project personnel on all health, safety and environmental matters.
- Take the lead role in investigation of injuries, incidents and near miss events, including recommending improvements at both a site level and corporate improvements.
- Review and updating of WHSE related procedures, templates and other documents as required.
- Be point of contact for all staff as well as government bodies in relation to health and safety procedures, standards and compliance. This includes changes to work practices, procedures or equipment.
Skills & Experience:
- Cert IV or Diploma in OHS
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience in a similar construction environment
- The ability to confidently communicate with internal and external site staff and manage/coordinate accordingly.
- Well organised and self-motivated and the ability to work in a face-paced construction site.
- Experienced with MS Office - Excel, Word, Aconex, Bluebeam, HammerTech
If this is the role for you please click apply. Any questions please get in touch with me: email@example.com / 0450 446 558.