This could be a fantastic opportunity for a person wishing to reduce travel time as the office is based in Western Sydney, or maybe for a less experienced Project Manager to step up into a new challenge. This role offers the following benefits.
- A salary package of up to $120k.
- Paid overtime or time in lieu for all work over contracted hours.
- Western Sydney location, close to public transport connections.
- Work from home / remote working available. Generally, 2-3 days is offered.
- Training and development options for all staff. Support (including financial) is offered for any engineer wishing to complete their CPEng chartership studies.
- Large, clean office with barista-style coffee machine for the caffeine lovers.
- Regular social activities including team sport events.
- Plenty of shops, bars, cafes, and restaurants within a 2-minute walk from the office.
➡️ The Role
Testament to the company’s reputation, the workload has remained high and is expected to grow even further. To cope with the demands that this extra workload will have, the business is seeking your project management skills and has established a new role in the company as a Project Manager.
Reporting to both the Senior Project Manager and Executive Lead for Projects & Construction, your primary responsibilities will be to ensure an effective and efficient contribution to the business for the delivery, management, and coordination of all activities to deliver land development and major infrastructure projects from inception (master planning and development application) through to completion and handover.
This will include direct first-line supervision of project team members as appointed.
➡️ The Candidate
As a person, you should be insightful, innovative, and passionate about your work to find solutions and solve problems. You should also be able to demonstrate good quality communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders. Having an ability to work independently as well as chipping in on team pursuits is an ideal mix. Your broad understanding of civil infrastructure design and how it integrates with utility services will benefit greatly when it comes to delivering residential and industrial subdivisions.
- Civil Engineering Degree or suitable Diploma Level qualification with a minimum of 3 years experience.
- A good degree of knowledge in the road, bulk earthworks, intersection, major/minor, and trunk drainage systems, investigation, design, and delivery.
- Reasonable knowledge of legislation and standard industry practices relevant to land development and infrastructure delivery in NSW.
- Organisational and administrative skills, including strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and control own workload (efficient time management).
➡️ The Company
This a business that has been established for over 30 years and is known for delivering some of the largest land development projects in Greater Sydney. This multidisciplinary provide both their private and government clients with a variety of services that includes civil engineering design, project management, contract administration, stormwater & environment, and road & traffic infrastructure.
They have approximately 75 highly skilled engineering staff that work for them across their group and many of their employees are joint owners of the company. Being employee-owned they benefit from having a top-down hands-on approach, meaning directors and senior managers are intrinsically involved in the projects as much as you will be.
This a transparent business, who is fairly laid back in culture. They offer their staff WFH allowance 2-3 days per week and different from most companies, they pay overtime or offer time in lieu. In addition to this, training, and development are offered for everyone in the business, as well as support and encouragement to employees wishing to become chartered.
☎️ Please feel free to contact Daniel Jones for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / email@example.com