This is an employee-owned, independent, international consulting practice, providing integrated consulting services to the international resource sector. Their expertise and technical capability stretch across mining, geotechnical engineering, geology, resources, exploration, tailings, heap leach and waste management. Other services include environment, coal and mine water.
Formed over 45 years ago, this globally recognised, and industry-leading consultancy employs around 1500 professionals across Australia, Asia, Africa, Europe and the Americas. Having been operational for such a period, this consultancy has built a portfolio of clients that exceeds over a thousand of the world’s major and medium-sized mineral mining houses and exploration companies, financial institutions, construction companies and government departments.
The business is proud to operate a relaxed, inclusive and nurturing culture. Their approach is a little more old-school, than it is corporate, offering a modern but flexible environment. An autonomous, yet team focused, and collaborative dynamic is what you can expect from this business. It’s a social team and office and you will have the opportunity to interact with local, interstate and international colleagues.
Located in the heart of Brisbane, this office is a light and airy space, equipped with all the amenities to allow you to be at your best. The office is a short walk from transport hubs and connections, shops, restaurants and cafes.
Due to a long-standing member of the team moving on to pastures new, the Brisbane office is seeking their replacement. There is an opportunity for either an ambitious Senior Engineer or an established Principal Engineer to join an established team and contribute to existing projects and develop their own client base and projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing designs for mine waste facilities (tailings storage facilities, heap leach pads and waste dumps) at all stages from concept to closure.
- Assist in the development and growth of the Tailings team.
- Prepare fee proposals and submissions and contribute to the development, growth and expansion of their portfolio of clients and projects.
- Undertaking engineering analyses such as stability, seepage and mass balance modelling.
- Preparing technical deliverables including, reports and construction documentation.
- Overseeing construction and operation of mine waste facilities.
- Undertaking geotechnical investigations and interpreting results.
- Liaising with internal and external clients.
- Working with other team members, specialists from other disciplines and mentoring junior staff.
A passionate, technical orientated person, with strong communication skills and experience in design and/or construction of tailings storage facilities and mine waste management in Australia, is perfect for the role.
To be considered for the role of Principal Tailings Engineer, you will possess:
- A minimum of 12 years’ post-graduation experience in the same or similar role.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering.
- A relevant engineering qualification recognised by Engineers Australia – CPEng, RPEQ, NER.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and language fluency in English.
What’s on offer
- Opportunities for career and professional development, including leadership and mentoring, shareholding and directorship.
- Up to $250k salary package, plus performance bonuses and shareholding opportunities in the company. In addition, you will also get a company mobile, credit card and ergonomic workstation.
- It should be noted that shareholding is open to all staff and has provided significant returns to staff who have invested. Providing an opportunity for all staff to share in the commercial success of the company. Further details will be provided at the interview.
- A flexible work environment and convenient Brisbane CBD based location.
- Mentoring (as applicable to Senior and junior Principals) by Principal Consultants who are global leaders in their fields.
- International travel and opportunities to work with the group’s international offices.
- Relocation for any candidate who is based interstate.
Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
Please feel free to contact Daniel for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / firstname.lastname@example.org