This is an employee-owned, independent, international consulting practice, providing integrated consulting services to the international resource sector. Their expertise and technical capability stretch across mining, geotechnical engineering, geology, resources, exploration, tailings, heap leach, and waste management. Other services include environment, coal, and mine water.
Globally recognised and industry-leading, this consultancy employs professionals across Australia, Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Americas. Having built such a strong reputation in the market, this consultancy has a portfolio of clients that exceeds over a thousand of the world’s major and medium-sized mineral mining houses and exploration companies, financial institutions, construction companies, and government departments.
The business is proud to operate a relaxed, inclusive, and nurturing culture. Their approach is a little more old-school, than it is corporate, offering a modern but flexible environment. An autonomous, yet team-focused, and collaborative dynamic is what you can expect from this business. It’s a social team and office and you will have the opportunity to interact with local, interstate, and international colleagues.
Located in the heart of Brisbane, this office is a light and airy space, equipped with all the amenities to allow you to be at your best. The office is a short walk from transport hubs and connections, shops, restaurants, and cafes.
The Tailings/Mine Waste team, which is based out of Brisbane, comprises of 6 engineers, mostly all of whom are junior-senior level, geotechnical engineers. The leader of the team is a well-known Principal and is currently responsible for everything that encompasses the running of a successful business unit.
As a result of this success and their reputation within the industry, the team has won an abundance of new work. Whilst the tailings team is technically strong, they require a senior set of hands to ensure the successful delivery of this new workload and to assist in the running of the team.
This is where you come in. As an experienced and accomplished Senior or Principal within the tailings dam arena, your role will be to assist in the leadership of the tailings dam team alongside the principal and team leader.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing designs for mine waste facilities (tailings storage facilities, heap leach pads, and waste dumps) at all stages from concept to closure.
- Assist in the management, mentorship, and growth of the Tailings team.
- Preparing fee proposals, submissions and contributing to the development, growth, and expansion of their portfolio of clients and projects.
- Preparing technical deliverables including, reports and construction documentation.
A passionate, technical orientated person, with strong communication skills and experience in design and/or construction of tailings storage facilities and mine waste management in Australia, is perfect for the role.
To be considered for the role of Principal Tailings Engineer, you will possess:
- A minimum of 12 years post-graduation experience in the same or similar role.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering.
- A relevant engineering qualification recognised by Engineers Australia – CPEng, RPEQ, NER.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and language fluency in English.
What’s on offer
- Opportunities for career and professional development, including leadership, shareholding, and directorship.
- Principal Role: Up to $250k salary package, plus performance bonuses and shareholding opportunities in the company. In addition, you will also get a company mobile, credit card, and ergonomic workstation.
- It should be noted that shareholding is open to all staff and has provided significant returns to staff who have invested. Providing an opportunity for all staff to share in the commercial success of the company. Further details will be provided at the interview.
- A flexible work environment and convenient Brisbane CBD-based location.
- International travel and opportunities to work with the group’s international offices (when we are able to again).
- Relocation for any candidate who is based interstate.
Please feel free to contact Daniel for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / firstname.lastname@example.org