This is an employee-owned, independent, international consulting practice, providing integrated consulting services to the international resource sector. Their expertise and technical capability stretch across mining, geotechnical engineering, geology, resources, exploration, tailings, heap leach and waste management. Other services include environment, coal and mine water.
Formed over 45 years ago, this globally recognised, and industry-leading consultancy employs around 1500 professionals across Australia, Asia, Africa, Europe and the Americas. Having been operational for such a period, this consultancy has built a portfolio of clients that exceeds over a thousand of the world’s major and medium-sized mineral mining houses and exploration companies, financial institutions, construction companies and government departments.
The business is proud to operate a relaxed, inclusive and nurturing culture. Their approach is a little more old-school, than it is corporate, offering a modern but flexible environment. An autonomous, yet team focused, and collaborative dynamic is what you can expect from this business. It’s a social team and office and you will have the opportunity to interact with local, interstate and international colleagues.
Located in the heart of Brisbane, this office is a light and airy space, equipped with all the amenities to allow you to be at your best. The office is a short walk from transport hubs and connections, shops, restaurants and cafes.
After experiencing significant project wins and due to ongoing growth and expansion of the team, the Brisbane office is seeking their next, key, senior hire for the business. An opportunity for a seasoned Principal Mine Closure Consultant to join their highly respected and well-established team, contributing to existing projects, helping in the mentorship and daily leadership of juniors and developing your own network and client base for ongoing sustainability and growth of your team.
You will be responsible for:
- Provide visible and effective leadership to ensure a positive culture and successful delivery of high-quality technical work to the business’s clients.
- Managing mine rehabilitation and closure projects as well as providing technical leadership and support to the Mine Closure and Geosciences.
- Mentorship of junior and intermediate consultants.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Sales Team to develop, foster, and grow relationships with external and internal clients.
- Demonstrate care about the wellbeing of yourself and others, through actively participating in OHS activities/requirements.
Because of the position’s technical focus, a passionate, technically orientated engineer, consultant or scientist with a demonstrable background of mine closure and reclamation is favoured for the role. Attributable to the people management, mentoring and communication aspect of the position, a personable, patient and approachable demeanour is essential.
To be considered for the role of Principal Mine Closure Consultant, you will possess:
- A minimum of 10 years’ post-graduation experience in the same or similar role aligned to mine closure/mine reclamation in a consultancy environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil, Geotechnical, Environmental or Geochemistry Engineering.
- Possess strong leadership skills and abilities including effective communication, honesty, empathy, creativity, responsibility and flexibility.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and language fluency in English.
What’s on offer
- Opportunities for career and professional development, including leadership and mentoring, shareholding and directorship.
- Up to $250k salary package, plus performance bonuses and shareholding opportunities in the company. In addition, you will also get a company mobile, credit card and ergonomic workstation.
- It should be noted that shareholding is open to all staff and has provided significant returns to staff who have invested. Providing an opportunity for all staff to share in the commercial success of the company. Further details will be provided at the interview.
- A flexible work environment and convenient Brisbane CBD based location.
- International travel and opportunities to work with the group’s international offices.
- Sponsorship and relocation package for all candidates moving internationally and interstate.
Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
Please feel free to contact Daniel for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / email@example.com