Specialists in civil, structural and building services engineering design across New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria, and operating in Western Sydney, they pride themselves on delivering innovative, practical, and sustainable solutions that meet their clients’ objectives. The business also has post-tension, pre-tensioning, and temporary works components interwoven into its core services.
From a project perspective, the business operates within the built environment, namely commercial, industrial, and residential sectors, functioning primarily in the private sector space.
Comprising of over 50 employees in a clean and bright office space with good amenities close by (shops, cafes, and the like), it is located within a 5-minute walk to a major train station. The company is proud to operate an inclusive and diverse culture with a healthy mix of genders, ethnicities, and beliefs. Their passionate and technically orientated workforce are all advocates of hard work and for their valued input the business is fully flexible allowing remote working, finishing early to collect kids from school, and offering time in leu.
⭐️ The Role ⭐️
The business has experienced a healthy previous two quarters and as a result, has achieved a solid pipeline of work. As such, they are excited to be further growing their engineering team and are seeking the skillset of an intermediate-level Mechanical Engineer.
Your role will be design orientated, managing projects under the direction of a senior engineer, ensuring the quality of design, and delivered in a timely manner. Visiting the site and conducting inspections and following up with detailed report writing and stormwater engineering reports will also form part of your role. Additionally, coordination and interfacing between internal teams and external stakeholders may also form part of your position.
⭐️ The Candidate ⭐️
You will be an intermediate Mechanical Engineer who has experience in the design of HVAC systems across building developments. A technically minded, passionate, and professional engineer having had the experience in the Commercial, Residential and Industrial sectors. Excellent communication skills also form an integral part of the required experience, both written and verbal, with clients and team members.
Due to the nature of this role, experience and additional qualifications in Hydraulic Engineering would be desirable, however, not essential.
⭐️ What’s In It For You? ⭐️
- Flexibility; able to combine in-house design work with site visits & inspections.
- Chance to progress into a Senior position further down the track through in-house mentoring.
- Vibrant, clean and modern office premise.
- Well-established client base with a strong pipeline.
- 3-5+ years of experience having worked ideally on building services projects in Australia; although, other states & countries will also be considered.
- Experience working on projects under section J compliance.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering (Hydraulic Engineering qualifications as an addition would be desirable, however, not essential).
- Ability to use modelling software –REVIT and SolidWorks software.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
- An ability to work autonomously and use your own initiative.
- Strong affinity to working close with a small team.
- Confident and professional when facing clients.
➡️ Please feel free to contact Ben Stanley-Clarke for a confidential discussion on 0422 684 291 / firstname.lastname@example.org