This is an established business who has been operational for just over 30 years and work on projects across Australia, Europe and S.E. Asia. They have a total of just over 15 passionate employees who work in their lower north shore-based office and cater to the civil, structural and facade markets.
As structural engineering design and façade specialists, they focus on residential, commercial, retail, and institutional projects; As well as providing remedial, value engineering and glass-reinforced concrete.
The business operates a flat management structure which means that they can make decisions quickly and efficiently and can report to both senior and principal level engineers.
Due to the company’s success this year, the structural team have established a brand new role for a Junior level Structural Engineer to join the business.
Your role will be largely a design-focused position, where you will be working closely with the existing design team, shadowing, leaning and providing hands-on design and analysis of a multitude of diverse, interesting and challenging residential, commercial and industrial projects, both internal of Australia and overseas.
Also, as part of your ongoing career, you will also have the opportunity to:
- Involvement in the design of reinforced concrete, structural steel and timber structures as well as façade projects.
- Undertake structural analysis with software, spreadsheets and hand calculations.
- Prepare sketches to inform drafting or prepare drawings by hand.
- Undertake site inspections.
- Prepare high-quality reports and other related documents.
Having excellent communication skills will enable you to liaise with your colleagues and peers and aid you in interfacing with key stakeholders external of the business. You will be an Australian resident or citizen.
Having a technical mindset and a keen eye for detail is critical for this position. You should also be familiar and confident with hand calculations too.
- Tertiary Engineering Qualification in Civil / Structural Engineering.
- Knowledge and understanding of Australian design Codes and Standards.
- Experience using engineering software including SpaceGASS, STRAND7, INDUCTA, AutoCAD (or similar software)
- Ability to analyse and design either with or without computer software.
- Experience in façade engineering would be beneficial.
Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / firstname.lastname@example.org