Energy markets are adapting to changing circumstances, such as the transformation of the natural gas sector and growth in renewable and local generation. This organisation undertakes reviews and provides advice to governments on improvements to regulatory and energy market arrangements, in order to provide consumers with reliable energy in the most cost-efficient way within this changing environment. It is responsible for developing Australia’s energy markets under national electricity and gas laws - bringing consistent decision making and regulation to the energy sector.
This is an exciting opportunity for a people-focused and hands-on Senior IT Leader who will be responsible for the strategic development of technology capability to enable change and drive efficiencies across the business.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Leading, developing and mentoring a small high-performing team
- Developing an IT strategy roadmap covering both IT Infrastructure and business applications
- Developing business case and leading major IT transformation projects ensuring effective delivery, risks are managed and the project meets the desired business outcome
- Managing vendor and third-party relationships to deliver a reliable and efficient IT environment including preventative maintenance and continuous improvement
- Proactively monitoring emerging technologies and identifying innovation opportunities to meet organisation objectives
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in senior technology leadership roles with exposure to both IT Management and Project Management positions.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Professional certification in project and/or program management such as PMP, Prince2, Agile
- ITIL version 3 or 4 IT service delivery qualification
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience in implementation and management of outsourced IT services
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- A strong strategic and business acumen
- Strong operating knowledge of infrastructure, cyber security, application management and service management;
- Extensive experience in modern Microsoft technology stack, Azure Cloud, Office 365, SharePoint and automation tools (Microsoft Power platform e.g. automate and PowerShell)
- Sound knowledge of Salesforce Customer Relationship Management systems
Please apply now or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a confidential conversation.