What lies in wait for you here is an opportunity to work for the software provider themselves in a key role providing technical support, training and project assistance. Your role is a crucial part of growing the company’s Geotechnical solutions and an opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic and dynamic global team.
➡️ What’s on offer:
- An opportunity to work for the software provider in a key, technical-based customer focused role.
- A healthy and competitive remuneration package of around $120k.
- Ongoing product/software development including new feature and new product training.
- Fully expensed travel around the APAC region.
- A modern and amenity-rich office environment, close to public transport connections and car parking spaces in the CBD of Brisbane.
- People working with you and for you. You will be supported by the Product Development and Management teams, with ongoing access to a team of qualified experts across a range of technical and customer solutions.
➡️ The Role
Your position as Geotechnical Engineer spends time working face to face with your new employers’ customers to discover challenges and to assist them with solutions that are certain to add value to their business. The role attends to new customers trying out the software at the pre-purchase stage through to experienced users needing technical support, training or project assistance.
By being an investigator and a problem solver, this role is responsible for providing both sales support and technical expertise through integrated solutions awareness, analysis and response times.
Being hands-on, task orientated, and customer-focused, this role is responsible for providing well rounded technical assistance backed up by great product knowledge, quick response times, analysis, problem-solving, and solution-finding. Business acumen and the ability to deliver further growth is a core aspect within this role.
➡️ The Candidate
Due to the nature of this position, your engineering skills will need to be at a sufficient level that you can demonstrate competency and knowledge of geotechnical engineering design projects, using modelling relevant modelling software.
Skills, knowledge, and competencies required to be great at this role:
- Tertiary qualification in Geotechnical Engineering / Engineering Geology, BSc or MSc
- 5+ years of experience in the following areas: Geotechnical investigations, slope stability, geological modelling, and/or conceptual site models.
- Experience with relevant software modelling solutions.
- Confident oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that lead to building rich working relationships.
- Tenacity, persistence, and enthusiastic problem-solving approach.
- Curiosity with an interest in the latest technology and geoscience innovations
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Proven team player with a self-starter attitude and ability to work well independently at times remotely and self-manage workload effectively.
- Experience working in a large civil consultancy or ground engineering services firm.
- Operational experience in civil/mining engineering projects.
- Experience working in South East Asia would be advantageous.
➡️ The Company
This is an internationally renowned, award-winning industry leader in integrated earth modelling, geo-data management and team collaboration software. This business offers software solutions to Geotechnical challenges in market segments across Asia Pacific (APAC). These include the Civil, Environmental and Mining Industries.
A Saas and PaaS solution company with 10 offices globally and serving over 100 countries within the Mining, Energy, Civil and Environmental industries, they are a market leader & specialists in software solutions with services across 3D modelling, analysis, data insights & risk, amongst others, enabling ways to solve increasingly complex problems across the aforementioned industries.
☎️ Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / firstname.lastname@example.org