This company have grown considerably over the past few years and are very busy with projects from repeat clients.
They have a strong pipeline of work and Foremen work on rostered weekends.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Conducting site inductions for staff and sub-contractors
- Managing the subcontractors to ensure they are fulfilling their roles and responsibilities
- Monitor subcontractor performance daily in regards to safety, quality and programme and report deficiencies to the Site Manager
- Assisting the Site Manager in the commissioning and handover of the project by ensuring all relevant documentation is completed and provided to the Project Manager
- Managing cost control for certain aspects of the project, as directed by the Site Manager, in order to ensure the project meets its required performance targets in relation to budget
- Maintain positive industrial relations with authorities and unions, resolving any issues in accordance with the client's guidelines.
- Trade background
- Previous experience working for a head contractor is essential
- Experience working on projects $50M+
- Proven experience as a finishes, structure or general foreman on commercial construction projects in Sydney
- Proven experience of effectively managing a team including sub-contractors, in a professional manner and ensuring longevity of relationships.
- Good understanding of health and safety legislation and requirements, has proven experience of effectively controlling site safety