My client is an award-winning residential construction company looking to hire an Defects Manager to oversee multiple projects.They have been operational across the Sydney construction scene for over 35 years and have delivered numerous high-rise residential projects. Due to a growing portfolio of work they are looking to secure the services of an experienced Defects Manager for an immediate start.
As the Defects Manager, your role will consist of:
- Identifying defects and maintenance concerns.
- Maintaining awareness of results and new defects which are to be reported to the site team.
- Accurate recording and regular progressive updates.
- Quantifying and creating job lists which will then be sent out to contractors or the site construction team.
- Manage and maintain defect coordination.
- Liaise with property owners, tenants, and selling agents.
- Inspect progression of all job activities on regular basis.
- Prioritisation of works and manage accordingly.
- Provide high-quality professional company image and work standards to ensure client satisfaction.
- Maintaining a high professional standard in administrative disciplines, procedures, and accurate record keeping.
- To forecast and oversee the coordination of all trades required for re-works and repairs.
- Ensure that departmental work ethics are maintained to OHS&E standards at all times.
- Maintain professional relationships with relevant contacts and clients.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day events and proceedings.
- Prior experience in a defect management role is desirable.
- Strong administrational abilities.
- Ability to explain technical procedures and exhibit a high understanding of defect and maintenance processes.
- Strong action orientation to deliver accurate outcomes to timelines.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills and ability to engage with all staff.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Intermediate/advanced level of competency using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
If this is the role for you please click apply. Any questions please get in touch with me: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0450 446 558.