- Work from home 40% of the week (2 days out of the 5).
- Come to work in a newly renovated, 300sqm light-filled, airy office space with a separate kitchen and lunchroom in the heart of the beautiful suburb of Richmond. The building also has shower facilities onsite too.
- Free parking outside the office, with spaces available.
- The office is a 5-minute walk away from lots of shops, cafes, and restaurants. They are also within 5 minutes of the tram and 10 mins away from the train station.
- Work on architecturally driven, high-end projects which are regularly featured in Architecture & Design magazines and industry-related publications.
- A supportive and flexible work environment where employees are given the opportunity to work autonomously as well as the training and development to help them grow and develop.
- A positive and professional, yet laid-back environment with a team that likes to get involved in regular team activities. One of which was recently a 100km walk for Oxfam.
- Regular pats for Frankie – the office dog.
➡️ The Candidate
Attitude is everything!! Yes, you will naturally be a technically orientated person, however, being humble, open to change, and being adaptable is key to remaining successful in this company. Working in a smaller organisation will mean you will tend to wear several hats and be involved in a variety of tasks that you otherwise would not get in a larger business.
The company is open as to your experience. You could either be a junior engineer wishing to progress your career and gain valuable on-the-job training and development, or an experienced, independent engineer who can work autonomously and deliver work without supervision.
In summary, if you’re an experienced engineer to some degree and possess the right attitude who is seeking something rewarding and different, then you are what we need.
- Bachelor of Civil (Structural) Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of design experience.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
➡️ The Role
This organisation - your future employer are leaders in their field of expertise and because of their continued success, they are getting busier and busier. They are now searching for you – a Civil Engineer who will work alongside a senior engineer to produce technical designs in relation to their civil infrastructure projects within the built environment space.
Your role will be design orientated, ensuring the quality of work that will be delivered in a timely manner. Visiting the site and conducting inspections and following up with detailed report writing and stormwater engineering reports will also form part of your role. Additionally, coordination and interfacing between internal teams and external stakeholders may also form part of your position.
➡️ The Company
Entering the halfway point in their third decade of operation, this business is no newbie. They have built a successful business on reputation, driven by cost-effective, time-saving quality workmanship, and are especially proud of their long-standing relationships with their valued clients, a few of which have been loyal for over 35 years and counting.
The business is structures dominated and works primarily for medium – large scale architecture firms in Melbourne as well as state-wide. Offering conceptual design, contract documentation, certification, and construction on a variety of award-winning residential and institutional building projects, the business is intrinsically involved from the very beginning to the very end.
Civil engineering is also an area of significance, boasting some key relationships with landscape architects, subcontractors, and various government bodies, they have recently won some impressively large and complex infrastructure packages.
Ultimately, their goal is to provide a friendly, dynamic, positive, and encouraging workplace that empowers staff to achieve rewarding outcomes for themselves and for their clients. They encourage staff to take personal ownership and responsibility for their projects and careers.
I would love to talk more about this company and the benefits of working for them.
☎️ Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / firstname.lastname@example.org