This is an Australian-owned specialist engineering consultancy that provide world-class engineering and environmental consulting, advisory and project management services. They employ over 150 members of staff across several offices throughout mainland Australia and Tasmania and have in-house expertise that encompasses ground services, infrastructure, building, and environmental engineering, as well as temporary works/construction services and specialist lifting equipment.
Having been established for over 50 years, their workforce has grown at a consistent and steady rate, which has resulted in a large amount of staff being retained within the business. Their workforce consists of people with diverse cultures, backgrounds, and skills. This diversity enriches their breadth of knowledge, capability, and experience.
Purely from a growth perspective, the business is seeking its next key hire within the civil team - an experienced Civil Drafter. The role will be based in their Brisbane office and will work closely with the civil designers, reporting to the Civil Lead of the team.
Located in the heart of Brisbane city, you’ll be joining a team of six, comprising of two designers, three engineers, and one drafter. The office has an overall size of just over twenty so it would be considered medium-sized.
Working closely with the designer and design team, you will provide drawings and produce documentation using AutoCAD, relating to projects of both private and public sector clients, comprising of roads and drainage packages. You will also be working on various infrastructure across the country, namely NSW, VIC, and TAS.
You will possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience, having gained a comprehensive understanding of AutoCAD and ideally some experience and exposure to 12D (although not essential). Essentially, your experience will have been obtained in the drawing and documentation production of road, stormwater, earthworks and drainage packages relating to urban or infrastructure developments including commercial civil projects in Australia, or even better in Queensland.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience specifically relating to road and drainage drafting using AutoCAD and ideally 12D but not essential.
- Tertiary qualification - Diploma or TAFE qualified.
- Active team member, assisting others within the team to meet deadlines and other expectations.
- Able to effectively manage workload even when demands are significant
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with the team, managers and possibly clients.
What's on offer:
- A remuneration package of up to $90k.
- Clean, fresh and modern office space in the city centre with fantastic views across the city, with breakout area and staff amenities.
- On-going training opportunities and career development.
- Flexible working and parental leave benefits.
Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / firstname.lastname@example.org