This is an Australian-owned specialist engineering consultancy who provide world-class engineering and environmental consulting, advisory and project management services. They employ over 150 member's of staff across several offices throughout mainland Australia and Tasmania and have in-house expertise that encompasses ground services, infrastructure, building and environmental engineering, as well as temporary works/construction services and specialist lifting equipment.
Having been established for over 50 years, their workforce has grown at a consistent and steady rate, which has resulted in a large amount of staff being retained within the business. Their workforce consists of people with diverse cultures, backgrounds and skills. This diversity enriches their breadth of knowledge, capability and experience.
Due to a long-term employee moving on, the business and civil engineering team are seeking the replacement of their Civil Designer. The role will be based in their Brisbane office and will report to the Civil Lead of the team.
Located in the heart of Brisbane city, you’ll be joining a team of six, comprising of a Principal Designer, three engineers and two drafters. The office has an overall size of just over twenty so would be considered medium-sized.
As a Civil Designer, you will be independently working in a hands-on, technical modelling position, partnering and liaising with internal engineering teams and delivering workload in accordance with client specification. You will also be working on various infrastructure across the country, namely NSW, VIC and TAS.
You will be:
- Managing your workload – designing and delivering models relating to urban development, local road infrastructure and transport infrastructure projects nationwide.
- Assisting with your team’s projects and helping where you can; Including training and mentoring juniors.
- Coordination and interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
As a person, you should have a personable and social demeanour, together with a ‘can do’ attitude and possess strong communication skills. Naturally, you should have a comprehensive technical understanding in a designing and modelling and from a communication standpoint be able to adequately articulate to internal and external stakeholders. Lastly, a candidate with a generalist background is also more favoured than a specialist.
- 3 or more years in a civil design, drafting, modelling capacity, using 12D.
- Tertiary qualification in civil engineering.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with the team, managers and clients.
What's on offer:
- A remuneration package of up to $110k.
- Modern office space in the city centre with fantastic views across the city. Quality breakout area and staff amenities onsite.
- On-going training opportunities and career development.
Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / firstname.lastname@example.org