This a business that has been established for nearly 40 years throughout the east coast of Australia – namely Northern NSW and QLD. They have a total of just over 45 passionate employees who work across their network of 4 high performing offices.
This “people first” business operates to a high degree of staff satisfaction and well-being and they pride themselves on prioritising their staff before its profits. Their staff are the backbone of the company and are all working towards a common goal of producing the highest quality professional service within the industry.
The company have built their brand and reputation as approachable, reliable and expert engineers and treat every project as if it is their own. They operate in the institutional project space consisting of aged care, education, community; as well as commercial and residential subdivision projects, including architecturally designed high-end properties.
⭐️ The Role ⭐️
Working closely with the civil engineering team, consisting of Senior Designers, Engineers, and Partners of the business, your role will be to produce detailed design drawings, and work packages in 12D and AutoCAD for various civil engineering projects that will include land development, local authority infrastructure, and commercial civil packages.
Your role as a Civil Designer will include:
- Managing your own workload (smaller projects) – designing and delivering models relating to land development, local authority infrastructure, and commercial civil packages.
- Assisting with your team’s projects (larger ones) and helping where you can; Including training and mentoring juniors.
- Coordination and interfacing with internal and possibly external stakeholders.
You will receive mentoring and development opportunities, and, as your professional journey continues you should be competent addressing appropriately complex and technical matters independently and systematically. You will also be working on and being coached on the strict adherence and knowledge of local government regulations, applicable standards, and codes of practice.
⭐️ The Candidate ⭐️
As a person, you should have a personable demeanor, together with a ‘can-do’ attitude, and possess good communication skills. Naturally, you should have a comprehensive technical understanding of designing and modelling capacity and be open to learning new skills and ways of working. Time management skills will allow you the opportunity to work on multiple projects simultaneously. In summary, you should be motivated, proactive, and enthusiastic.
⭐️ Requirements ⭐️
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in either civil infrastructure, land/urban development, or subdivision projects in Australia, using 12D.
- A tertiary qualification in Civil designing/drafting – associate degree, or TAFE qualification.
- Good communication – both written and verbal.
Apply now to be considered for this and other similar roles in engineering consultancy.
⚡️⚡️ Please feel free to contact Dan for a confidential discussion on
0478 845 102 / email@example.com ⚡️⚡️