The purpose of the role:
Bid Manager is responsible for the proposal of bids to existing or prospective clients for projects and plays a key role in progressing deals by managing the proposals and formal bids delivered to potential clients.
The Bid Manager is to take ownership of the end to end proposal/bid process, including developing the pursuit schedule and managing performance against process milestones and is responsible for submitting a completed bid on time and within budget.
The Bid Manager is to ensure all clients’ questions have been answered as fully as possible and the company has given itself the best possible chance of success.
Manage the workflow of design opportunities throughout the tender and pre tender processes to increase the company's conversion success rate and build on the success of previous proposal/bids by conducting success analysis and identifying opportunities for process improvement.
To provide leadership and management of all tender submissions and the conversion process to ensure that tenders are converted in line with agreed corporate outcomes.
- Lead all day-to-day aspects of an individual bid and be involved in every aspect of the submission – ensuring a commitment to quality to develop clear, concise and compelling documentation/presentation.
- Work closely with the company team and be the first point of contact for the client ensuring the clients’ needs are understood and complied with.
- Identify and understand key risks and opportunities in all aspects of the project to optimise the company position. This will include head contracts, designs, budgets, authorities and project delivery.
- Guide those involved in the tender process, provide timely advice on the selection of appropriate projects, review and improve construction methodologies that win tenders.
- Support and contribute to the team efforts to deliver on-time and quality tenders within appropriate financial parameters.
- Continual marketing of the business on current and completed projects, attending tender interviews, client meetings and business development functions when required.
- People Management and Leadership – manage staff effectively, coach direct reports to achieve set and achieve individual goals.
- Ensure that all team members understand and comply with the company business systems.
- Conduct regular meetings with each direct report to ensure they meet their key deliverables and address operation issues and receive feedback on their performance (context, purpose, output quality and quantity, resources, time and completion).
- Translate complex, technical solutions, strategies and themes into easily understandable, readable and compelling bid documents.
- Lead strategy sessions with Business Development Management and other key stakeholders to clarify positioning approach and products/services being proposed, through participating in the design, preparation and evolution of the project governance process.
- Maintain knowledge of bid management best practices and innovations.
- Provide critical feedback from failed bids and the evolving needs of the client that is reflected in tender specification.
- Needs to be a good communicator with a strong flair and liking for creativeness combined with practicality
- Strong presentation skills
- Must have initiative and drive, confidence in relating to top management and a willingness to accept risk in order to achieve success
- A sound understanding of sustainability (including Green Star and NABERs)
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with all project stakeholders
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop project teams to deliver quality construction projects
- Proficient in the use of Indesign
- Advanced abilities in project programming in SureTrak.
- Ability to set and monitor Key Performance Indicators on projects.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant codes, standards and contracts.
- In-depth knowledge of key project management competencies, procedures and processes and internal policies, forms and processes, and their uses.
- Detailed knowledge of local council and regulatory requirements and standards
- Detailed knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation and regulations and application to the company
- Detailed knowledge of Industrial relations legislation and regulations and application to the company
- Strongly developed marketing sense gained from at least 10 years working in the construction sector
- Strong network of industry contacts within the construction industry
- Ability to discover leads from all sources including Property Daily, Cityscape and Cordell’s and turn them into opportunities.
- Ability to follow leads and turn them into opportunities
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision.
- Tertiary qualifications in construction management, building design, or a building related area
If it is for you please apply or feel free to contact Alex Mitchell on 0450544923 / firstname.lastname@example.org